After Dinner Mint Slice
The 'After Dinner Mint' you can have at any time of day! An iconic duo of chocolate and peppermint! This delicious slice is rich, crunchie, and gooey all at the same time and we LOVE it!
225g Digestive Biscuits
1 tbsp. Caster Sugar
3 tbsp. cocoa powder
50g dark chocolate
340g icing sugar
3-4 tsp hot water
2-3 tsp Peppermint extract
1 x packet after dinner mints (200G)
1. Grease and line a 28 x 18cm tin with greaseproof paper.
2. In a pan melt the butter, sugar, cocoa, and chocolate.
3. Crush the digestive biscuits or blitz in a blender. Add to the melted mixture and stir to combine.
4. Transfer the base mixture to tin and press firmly. Place in fridge to cool for an hour.
5. Make the filling by adding the peppermint extract to the icing sugar and mix well to combine. Slowly add a teaspoon of hot water at a time until an icing consistency is reached.
6. Spread the icing evenly over the biscuit base and then crush up after-dinner mints into chucks and sprinkle on top.
7). Place in fridge to set. Then slice and enjoy!