Gooey Caramel Oat Slice | A caramel lovers heaven!
Rich, chewy, and super decadent, this gooey caramel oat slice is a caramel lovers heaven!
225g self-raising flour
1 3/4 tsp ground ginger
225g brown sugar
100g rolled oats
65g golden syrup
400g can sweetened condensed milk
120g brown sugar
70g golden syrup
2 tbsp. ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g milk or dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180° degrees on conventional bake. Grease and line a 23cm baking tin.
2. In a large bowl sift flour and ginger. Add brown sugar, rolled oats and then mix well to combine.
3. In a small pot, melt together the butter and golden syrup. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well. Press the mixture into the tin. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
4. Place the condensed milk, brown sugar, butter and golden syrup in a medium sized saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir until melted together. Continue to stir constantly so it doesn’t stick to bottom and thickens. Add the ginger and vanilla extract, whisk well and then pour over cooled base. Set aside in fridge for it to set( approx. 1-11/2 hours)
5. Remove the slice from the fridge and drizzle with melted choc.
ENJOY this super decadent slice!!