White Chocolate & Raspberry Shortcake
I think this would have to be one of my favourite slices!
200g butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups flour, sifted
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups raspberries, frozen, unthawed
1/2 cup chopped white chocolate
Icing sugar to dust
Whipped Cream to serve (my personal favourite is served with Greek yoghurt)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 22cm square baking tin with paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Fold in the flour and baking powder.
4. Press two-thirds of the mixture into the prepared tin. Spoon the raspberries over the shortcake.
5. Scatter over the white chocolate and crumble the remaining shortcake mixture over the top. Press gently with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Cool completely, then cut into squares.
7. Before serving, dust with icing sugar. Accompany with whipped cream or Greek yoghurt.