Coconut & Raspberry Cake | It tastes as good as it looks!
This cake tastes just as good as it looks!
185 gms butter, chopped at room temperature
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 and 3/4 cups self raising flour, plus 1 tablespoon extra
1 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
3 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease and line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Lightly fold sifted flour and milk into creamed mixture. Toss frozen raspberries in extra flour. Lightly fold into mixture with coconut .
4. Spoon mixture into cake tin. Lightly smoothing surface. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 160 degrees and bake for a further 40-45 minutes until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning out into wire rack to cool completely.
5. You can then add topping when cool if you want a smaller cake . Halve the topping ingredients below if doing one layer only.
On this ocassion I made 2 x cakes then layered together with 5 tablespoons of raspberry jam and 1/3 of the topping.
6. TOPPING…. In a bowl combine 2 x 200g containers of cream cheese (not spreadable) 100g butter and 2 cups icing sugar . Beat with electric beater. Add juice of half a lemon while beating.
🌸 Add topping to cake and then decorate with fresh raspberries and edible flowers.
*Picture taken has two cakes layered on top of each other.