An easy no-bake slice made from a Gingernut base topped with a golden syrup caramel icing.
15 minute prep time is all it takes!!! – TOO EASY
1 x packet Gingernut biscuits (250g) crushed
80g (3oz) Sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbsp golden syrup
1 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp ground ginger
- Crush Gingernut biscuits in a food processor or in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin
- Melt together condensed milk and butter in the microwave
- Stir together, then add the crushed biscuits and mix well
- Press into a lined baking tin (20cm x 20cm)
- Chill base in the fridge while you make icing.
- ICING – melt butter and golden syrup in the microwave then mix together
- Sift in the icing sugar and ginger then whisk everything together until smooth. If you need to add a little hot water to make it smoother, do this a little at a time
- spread icing over the base and then chill in the fridge until set
- slice and enjoy x