Feijoa & Almond Slice
This slice is so delicious! Also perfect for using up gifted feijoas from a friend, neighbour, or in this case, Jenny's parents!
½ cup caster sugar
125g butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
2 cups self-raising flour
8 feijoas peeled and thickly sliced
½ cup almond flakes
1 tbsp of icing sugar to decorate
1. Heat oven to 170C fan bake. Grease a slice tin and line with non-stick baking paper – leave an overhang on all sides.
2. Beat caster sugar into melted butter until sugar dissolves.
3. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Then stir in flour, followed by feijoas.
4. Spread mixture into prepared tin and scatter with almonds.
5. Bake for 45 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar and cut into squares.
6. Optional - serve with a dollop of greek yoghurt!